|Index||Timepiece Archive, Categories||Archive: Watch Movements||Timepiece Market|
|UROFA, Uhren-Rohwerke-Fabrik Glashütte AG|
12-07-1926: Founded simultaneously with the UFAG, Glashütter Uhren-Fabrik AG by the Girozentrale Sachsen, managed by Dr. Ernst Kurtz. Ebauche manufacturing in Glashütte and in the acquired Swiss factory Emile Judith, Biel/Bienne.
1928: Introduction of the first calibre Urofa 51 with cylinder escapement. Escapement parts were bought in Switzerland.
1934: Introduction of the legendary Raumnutzwerk (space efficiency mvt.) Urofa 58; simultaneously production start for escapement parts in Glashütte.
1945: Preliminary end of all activities. The factory equipment was taken as reparation by the USSR, and was installed in the Kirow factory in Moscow.
1946: Introduction of the calibre 61, which was designed to meet the seriously restricted production properties.
1951: Forced merger with the other watch companies in Glashütte to establish the GUB (VEB Glashütter Uhrenbetriebe)
Comments about the data
Initially it was planned that a good part of the UROFA movements should be used for UFAG watches. But only some 8% went this way. Most were sold to the watch industry in Pforzheim.
Especially the Urofa 58 and the chronograph Urofa 59 are highly appreciated by collectors. The reason is not only the good quality, but also the origin address and the moderate production volumes.
|bidfun-db 21.3 © 02-08-15, mtr-Ranfft|
...the alternative - free of charge!